Company Details

American Careers

• American Careers logo
  • American Careers Summary

American Careers received their 50th complaint on .

Information about American Careers was first submitted to Scambook on Aug 31, 2011. Since then the page has accumulated 58 consumer complaints. On average users reported $94.34 of damages. Scambook's investigation team reached out to this company a total of 7 times, Scambook Investigators last contacted them on May 15, 2013.

• Company Information

• Outdated Info? Add company information suggestion

Company Rating

• Complaints Unresolved
  • Unresolved Reported Damage $5,471.92

Thank you for submitting information suggestions.
We will review your suggestions and update the company profile if necessary.

Recent Comments From Company Reports ▼

• American Careers Complaint 315872 for $39.00
  • Yvonne_Foxworth SBID #de71d77f3c
  • Posted 04/14/2014
  • We have many success stories here with regard to Applicants who have taken the time & effort to read / follow the instructions listed in our Program, and have indeed obtained employment at various
    Airports across the USA. Obtaining employment takes time and effort. If Applicants are not willing to follow instructions or contact us for help, we can't possibly assist in those efforts. I will gladly
    personally assist anyone out there in their efforts to obtain employment. All information about American Careers is fully disclosed on our website. We have let every consumer know what we will do for them. I believe in American Careers and believe that we will do the best job possible to find you employment. If you have further concerns please don't hesitate to contact me.

1220 Race St, #6399

• American Careers Complaint 315872 for $39.00
  • Yvonne_Foxworth SBID #de71d77f3c
  • Posted 04/14/2014
  • Anonymous,

First off, my name is Yvonne Foxworth. I'm a Career Counselor at American Careers (NYC offices).
    For the doubters out there, I must say sorry for any confusion or misconceptions about us, but we certainly are NOT a scam. I've been here for 6 yrs. Indeed, I'm very happy with the results I have
    personally obtained from the many Applicants I've assisted to gain employment at various airports/airlines across the USA. Success stories with many different types of Positions, at varying pay rates, anywhere from $14 to $22 / hour.

Regarding our Service, we simply assist Applicants obtain employment through the information that we email/mail them to get them started with the Application Process. We then follow up with phone support via our Career Counselors to assist them in every aspect of the Application Process (Application, Resume, Cover Letters, Thank You Letters, Interviewing Techniques, etc) through our Airline Career Development Guide & our Airline Hiring Update, which includes current listings of Airline Positions & descriptions which the Applicant may then apply for at various Airlines. We will attempt to obtain as many interviews for the Applicant as we possibly can. The $39 one-time fee we charge is refundable in the event we are unable to obtain employment for the Applicant. Details are included in the paperwork the Applicant receives. This is a vast amount of information & assistance which could potentially require many hours to perform individually. Please visit our website for full details on American Careers:

• American Careers Complaint 298877 for $39.00
  • Yvonne_Foxworth SBID #20213402c8
  • Posted 01/21/2014
  • Hello Mitchell,

I have went through our files searching for your name and information. We have no records of a Mitchell. I would be more than happy to assist you with any problems that you might be having. I need you to call me @ 718-690-7056 and ask to speak with me, Yvonne Foxworth. I want to help you, but need more information in order to do so.

1220 Race St, #6399

• American Careers Complaint 283685 for $39.00
  • Yvonne_Foxworth SBID #8fd25a8991
  • Posted 10/31/2013
  • Gilda,

You did not allow 10 business days for us to process your information. I have your information scanned into my computer and I am viewing it as I type this. You mailed out your information from Houston on 10/19/2013 (PM). It probably arrived in Baltimore around October 24, 2013. Processing was done on Friday October 25, 2013. Your email was sent to you on 10/30/13 @ 10:44 AM to get you started. We are not a rip off. We ask for 10 business days for processing. Please read over the information that was sent to you, and call me @ 718-690-7056 with any further concerns.

• American Careers Complaint 282698 for $39.00
  • Yvonne_Foxworth SBID #8fd25a8991
  • Posted 10/28/2013
  • Hello Anonymous,

If you sent your money order in with your information on 8/26/2013 you would have heard from us within 10 business days. If this didn't happen please call (718)690-7056 or you can visit our website @ www.americancareers.us to email us. Please be assured that we do work with our customers. Please call or write me so that I can help you.

American Careers LLC
    1220 Race Street, #6399
  • American Careers Complaint 275402 for $39.00
  • Yvonne_Foxworth SBID #6850ea2d56
  • Posted 09/21/2013
  • Schenise,

I have no record of you name. Please call me @ 718-690-7056. American Careers makes a practice of returning ALL phone calls. The only number that you can get in touch with a career counselor on is (718)690-7056. If you receive voice mail please leave a message for me (Yvonne Foxworth). I WILL call you back.

yfoxworh@americancareersjobs.com
  • American Careers Complaint 275013 for $39.00
  • Yvonne_Foxworth SBID #6850ea2d56
  • Posted 09/18/2013
  • Lina,

American Careers is not a scam. If you sent in $39.00 for your processing fee, then you would have received an email from me (Yvonne Foxworth)within 10 days. I have no record of your name in our system. If you just sent in payment that is the reason that you have not had a response from our company. You should care about the money, you work to earn it. It is not the goal of American Careers to take your money with nothing in return. We want to help you to find the career that you are searching for. Please contact me ASAP to discuss your situation. If we (American Careers) is unable to help you to obtain employment, your fee is refundable. It is in your guarantee paperwork.

• American Careers Complaint 269128 for $39.00
  • Yvonne_Foxworth SBID #b3aea942d7
  • Posted 08/27/2013
  • Mekia,

Has it been more than 10 days since you mailed in your information? If so, American Careers has no record of you. Please check your records. I have searched all files for you and have no applicants with your name. American Careers is a legitimate place to help you to obtain a career with the airlines. If we are unable to help you the $39 fee is refundable. Please call me (718)690-7056 so that I can help you to figure out what went wrong.

• American Careers Complaint 268662 for $0.00
  • Yvonne_Foxworth SBID #b3aea942d7
  • Posted 08/21/2013
  • Anonymous,

American Careers has not advertised with Craigslist in the past 6 months. As far as jobs with the airport in Omaha, NE. There might not be any jobs with the "airport", but certainly there are jobs with the airlines. That is where American Careers helps to find employment. I have personally been through our ad to see if it said "Airport hiring" it did not. Please check for yourself. American Careers is not here to scam innocent people. We are here to help people to find employment. We have had a lot of success with helping people to obtain the job of their dreams.

• Yvonne_Foxworth SBID #fc56bd68a9
  • Concerned,

If you are an applicant of American Careers, then you know that we are here to help you. As I said, we are not affiliated with any airlines, if you would have read my comments you would see that I said the same thing that is posted on the BBB website. As far as American Careers responding to the BBB that is a lie, we did respond to them with all of the information that they requested. American Careers also contacted the BBB to correct this issue and it has yet to be corrected. The bottom line in all of this is that American Careers does not push their services on anyone, we are here to help the applicant to get the job that they are searching for. We give everything that we say that we will give and more. If you any further comments or questions please direct them to me personally. GOD BLESS!

• Concerned
  • Concerned SBID #0e2c593b94
  • Posted 07/25/2013
  • Here's another excerpt from the Better Business Bureau on American Careers.

"The company claims in its advertising “the airports at (different cities are noted) are currently hiring.” And, “we will guide you through the process.” According to information in BBB files, the company is not affiliated with the given airports or any airline. They do not have jobs to offer, rather, for a fee, they will assist you with the application process."
  • Concerned
  • Concerned SBID #0e2c593b94
  • Posted 07/25/2013
  • YOU ARE A SCAM LADY!! I hope the FBI is investigating yall! I'm sure they are. You'll be behind bars soon.

To everyone else here's an excerpt from the Better Business Bureau on this fake company.

"Additional Complaint Information

BBB Files indicate that this business has a pattern of complaints concerning its marketing practices that imply a company affiliation with airlines. Marketing statements imply that transactions with American Careers, LLC are directly connected to airlines when the company instead provides information about the overall airline hiring process. Persons seeking to return company materials for a promised refund must document their contact with Human Resources departments of airlines to qualify for adjustments, described in marketing information only as "guaranteed refunds." The BBB wrote to the company on November 28, 2012 regarding these issues, asking that modifications be made to its materials to clarify its presentations and refund terms. The company has failed to respond to the BBB on these questions."

Do you have a complaint?

Submit a Report Now