Company Details

Publishers Clearing House

• Publishers Clearing House logo
  • Publishers Clearing House Summary

9/23/13 Scambook has got a new development with regard to this account. There has been contact made with someone from PCH and who can apparently provide information with regard to the complaints. Scambook will continue to foster this relationship and will work towards getting resolution. Scambook will update as the ivnestigation continues and more information becomes available.

Information about Publishers Clearing House was first submitted to Scambook on Sep 11, 2011. Since then the page has accumulated 406 consumer complaints. On average users reported $149517.80 of damages. Scambook's investigation team reached out to this company a total of 33 times, Scambook Investigators last contacted them on Sep 23, 2013.

• Company Information

• Address:
    • 382 Channel Drive
    • Port Washington NY 11050
  • Website:
  • Phone:(800) 392-4190 , (800) 459-4724, (516) 883-5432, (876) 480-6585, (202) 241-6936, (876) 412-6523 , (206) 414-0829, (903) 960-5051
  • Additional Employees: No known Employees
  • Outdated Info? Add company information suggestion

Company Rating

• Complaints Unresolved
    406
  • Unresolved Reported Damage $60,704,227.64

Thank you for submitting information suggestions.
We will review your suggestions and update the company profile if necessary.

Recent Comments From Company Reports ▼

• PCH Scammers Complaint 220430 for $5,000,000.00
  • Hello Maria --

Yes, there is something you can do! You can report the scam. Please see the link below. It has information regarding reporting scams, as well as an email where you can forward the frauduent email if you receive any more.

• Publishers Clearing House Complaint 220478 for $1,000,000.00
  • Hello Michael --

The giveaway number is what is assigned to that particular sweepstakes. It is not the "winning number" drawn to award that particular prize.

As an example, say that you are at a raffle drawing and there are dozens of prizes. Each prize is assigned a number (let's say "11" for the prize in this example) to distinguish it from the others. The prize coordinator then goes to a bowl with ticket stubs from those who have entered and draws a random number like "17". The person with the corresponding ticket is then the winner. The person holding a ticket with the number "11" does not win, because it was not the winning number drawn.

I hope that helps to answer the question regarding the Giveaway numbers.

• 1-876-443-2018 Complaint 220498 for $897.00
  • Hello Phillip -

Unfortunately this is a scam. Do not continue to communicate with them. You do not need to send any money to collect your winnings, nor do you have to purchase anything in order to enter into the true Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes.
    When I won in August of 2008, The Prize Patrol visited me in person with a big check and I was required to do some paperwork. When all was said and done, they sent me the true check. I sent them nothing but the required paperwork. Absolutely NO money was required on my part. They even sent me a pre-paid stamped envelope!! Taxes were then MY responsibility come the following year, and they sent me a 1099 for that very purpose in January.

Please see this link for more information regarding scams, as it has a toll-free number report the scam:

• Publishers Clearing House Complaint 221298 for $20.00
  • Posted 03/20/2013
  • Hello --

When entering Publishers Clearing House, no purchase or payment is necessary to enter to win. Nor is a payment needed to collect your winnings.

PCH does offer products for sale, but as I stated earlier, buying something is not necessary, nor will it improve your chances of winning. If you did order and want to cancel it, see this page for instructions: http://pch.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/137

There are rules on the entry pages you encounter, but the general guideline can be found here: http://rules.pch.com/viewrulesfacts?id=118

When I won in 2008, I did not write PCH a check or send any money. The only thing I had to worry about was paying taxes on my winnings the following year. Also, my winning (non-purchase!!) entry came from an internet search on one of PCH pages.

Please see this link for more information, as it has a toll-free number as well as an email address to report the scam: http://pch.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/149/kw/fraud/sno/1

• Publishers Clearing House Complaint 17170 for $18.00
  • daisymae7
  • daisymae7 SBID #353a34a7ae
  • Posted 09/12/2012
  • I just got my mailing to contact them also .But I decided to come here first. I am glad I did. How come this company never was closed down? There is no winning money, it is all about you spending your nmoney on stupid products.They been playing this scam game for years,and it is pathitic.It is false hope, and their commericals are scandulous. yes, this is attack on senior citizens, to get what little they have to survie on. But one is always in hopes to be the bigger winner, and get the money prize. that never is going to happen.But they are biking big time on senior citizens money.thhhe elderly are in need and publishing Clearing house contests are twisting the knife on them in their needs with fake winner prizes that they will never get, or anybody else.
  • Publisher Clearing House- Readers Complaint 15026 for $400.00
  • Kippy
  • Kippy SBID #c82cf022c1
  • Posted 05/17/2012
  • I must say, this was painful to read. Not because of the fact that you were scammed, but because of the God-awful grammar used. I got such a headache from trying to understand what the hell you were talking about. What happened when you were taught in school? Did you sleep through the lessons or something?
    Jesus Christ! I mean, I feel bad for victims of scams. I really do. I know it's not fair, but come on. I wouldn't blame someone for trying to scam you. You're writing skills make you seem less than smart, hence making it extremely easy for a con artist to pull one over on you. This day and age has a neat little function called "spell check", which I believe was created for people like yourself. Do not be afraid to use it. Also, capitalize "I" for crying out loud, and also when you begin a new sentence, capitalize the first letter of the first word in that new sentence. All in all, I do hope you learn from this experience, and make wiser choices in the future, sweetheart. God bless your heart.
  • Publisher Lottery Claims Complaint 95297 for $4,960.20
  • Neil
  • Neil SBID #e216d6f572
  • Posted 04/03/2012
  • I too received the same letter and same amount of check. Same dates, etc. Disappointing, but I'm glad I checked here first.

I had the thought of cashing at a Check Cashing place since it doesn't look credible, but unfortunately, my address is on the check, and they fraudulent company will have the ability to trace it back if I chose to do so.
  • Publishers Clearing House Complaint 79268 for $340.00
  • Cathy
  • Cathy SBID #130772bd9d
  • Posted 03/08/2012
  • Just to let you know for future reference - Publishers Clearing House does NOT call you on the phone. Their contest entries come online or in the mail. Any time you get a phone call from someone claiming they are from some company and you've won a prize and need you to send money by Western Union, hang up the phone. It is a scam. If you really won, then there is no reason to be sending them money.

Do you have a complaint?

Submit a Report Now