Avangate inc. and AskPCExperts.com
Complaint 339863 Details

• Date Occurred: 04/29/2015
  • Reported Damages: $149.99
  • Location: California and Amsterdam and India (Cyber Futuristics India Private)

The complaint is against an online dating profile

The complaint is a listing fraud posted on public forums or sites against an anonymous entity

The complaint is mobile text spam or smishing related against an anonymous entity

The company or person contact no longer exists

International boundaries

Had a pop up window announcing a virus! My screen locked up, Then an overlay of their company phone number (AskPCExperts) billed as Microsoft Technicians. Subsequent phone calls to Microsoft support showed no corporate connection with Microsoft. Meanwhile in a panic about threatened loss of my data I succumbed to a "sales Pitch" for $149 fix of virus problem and six months of technical support. Realizing my mistake by talking to others and googling company information finding out they were scammers I disconnected my computer so they could no longer (than two hours) mess with my computer by remote access. Meanwhile Avangate had already charged my credit card even before I was able to disconnect. Don't give these guys access to your computer. If they freeze up your screen, shut down your computer and take it to a locally trusted technician. Don't send them money.

Do You Have a Complaint?

Submit a Complaint

Comments

There are no comments posted. Be the first to comment on this complaint

Do You Have a Complaint?

• Complaints Filed: 1
  • Reported Damages: $149.99
Visit Complete Company Profile

What is SBID?

SBID is a unique id code that identifies the user's computer and location. SBID is used to prevent fraudulent postings and help our community find users who create duplicate user accounts.