RudeFinder.com
Complaint 850 Details

• Date Occurred: 06/18/2011
  • Reported Damages: $155.28
  • !

The complaint is against an online dating profile

The complaint is a listing fraud posted on public forums or sites against an anonymous entity

The complaint is mobile text spam or smishing related against an anonymous entity

The company or person contact no longer exists

International boundaries

I had a free subscription to rudefinder.com and upgraded for one month. rudefinder took 155.28 from my account. I sent a number of emails to them sent through the rudefinder websight and they never responded.I replied to emails I got from people who claimed to live close by and it turns out that the profile was fake, I did not get any responces back. Rudefinder uses phoney profiles and messages to scam people and they charge much more then they say in there terms and conditions. I would love to shut this site down and ensure they dont start another one under a different name.

Do You Have a Complaint?

Submit a Complaint

Comments

• Jamie
  • Jamie SBID #N/A
  • Posted 06/20/2011
  • Hi, I am Jamie, please send me your username and email address and I will see that you get a full refund. Thanks
    - www.date-support.com
  • Angus
  • Angus SBID #N/A
  • Posted 06/23/2011
  • I suspect that the original poster didn't read the terms correctly. The site will quote you a monthly fee, but then get you to sign up for multiple months in one go. Be very careful on dating sites - many do the same thing.

Rudefinder - I've used it in the UK, and I found it to be a complete scam. Initially I put this down to it being fairly new here, but after a while it was very noticeable that all the girls on it were good-looking, and they all seemed to live within about 20 miles of me!

So I created a new account, saying I lived in a different part of the country. Lo and behold - the SAME girls now lived within 20 miles of me there!

You will receive messages from people - but God only knows who they really are, where they live, and how much they're getting paid by Rudefinder to message you. None ever answers questions about where they live, none will ever meet up with you. Instead, you get one-liners asking which celebrity you'd like to sleep with and stuff like that.

I complained via their email system, and was offered a full refund. However, this never appeared.

Question is: Why are Rudefinder so prepared to offer refunds, when they claim to be legitimate.

I truly believe the site is completely fake.

Do You Have a Complaint?

• Complaints Filed: 247
  • Reported Damages: $16,592.71
Visit Complete Company Profile

What is SBID?

SBID is a unique id code that identifies the user's computer and location. SBID is used to prevent fraudulent postings and help our community find users who create duplicate user accounts.